COVID-19 Health & Safety Action Plan
In alignment with the CDC Recommendations formBusinesses and Environmental Cleaning and Disinfecting, we want to highlight the following practices that will help protect us all.
- If anyone is sick, feeling sick, caring for someone who is sick, or has been in contact with someone who is sick, we urge you to stay home and follow the recommendations of the CDC and health organizations.
- Our employees’ and colleagues’ health and well-being are important. If anyone is concerned with the health of themselves or others, we recommend that they refer to the CDC COVID-19 Risk Assessment Chart as well as their supervisor for guidance.
- Provided education for proper hygiene practices to all employees.
- All office staff are to work from home and all calls to the office are being routed to a mobile number so you will still be able to reach us. No office meetings will be held at this time.
- We recommend social distancing by maintaining 6 feet of separation for activities as can safely be applied.
- Start-up stretch and flex has been temporarily suspended.
- Tailgate talks will be communicated by email and text message.
- It is mandatory to regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Handwash stations and bathroom facilities must be sanitized multiple times per day.
- Hand sanitizer is to be provided wherever available for added protection.
- Every truck has been provided with water jug, soap and paper towels for hand washing.
- Trucks to be sanitized regularly.
- No Caramanico employee will enter client and vendor facilities at any time in order to limit everyone’s exposure.
- Crews are to work on a rotating schedule with roughly 50% of our teams working on any given day. This will limit their interaction and also, should anyone fall ill that team can be quarantined without having to extend to the entire company.
- Attendance policy has been changed so that any employee who prefers to may stay home.
- On site crews will be permitted to drive their own vehicles directly to the job site and more trucks will be deployed for those who need it. This will enable them to maintain appropriate social distancing and enable us to clean and sanitize the vehicles regularly.
- Start times will be staggered to minimize congregation.
- Employees to wear masks and gloves in addition to their required personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Temperature monitoring of reporting employees will be completed daily. Any employee that exhibits a fever condition or other Covid-19 symptoms will be asked to leave and asked to contact Teledoc or their Primary Care Physician, and follow the recommendations given. (A fever is 100.4 deg F / 38 deg C or higher)
- If a positive result is confirmed, employee must self-isolate for 14 days as per the guidelines of the CDC. Director of Safety to notify any other employees that may have been exposed.
- Client to be notified of any confirmed cases of an employee that visited the property within 14 days.
- With any suspected or confirmed cases, we will assess the need to complete a deep cleaning across affected areas, following a 24-hour shutdown period of the affected area. Once completed any unaffected employees will be asked to return to the work area.
Any questions or concerns, please contact our Director of Safety, Calixto Mancuello at calixto@caramanicolandscape.